The Call - Kinda'. . .

All authors in hope of publishing wait with bated breath for "the call". Maybe the call may be from an editor or it may come from an agent. No matter, when it comes, you are so, so excited.

I received "the call" in an email. Which is the best method of delivery because the words are tangible and can be printed--forwarded--and treasured for all time.

When I received "the call" from Soul Mate Publishing, I was so excited that I just passed my iPad to my husband and said, "Read." Then I handed him my glasses so he could.

Needless to say, I'm beyond thrilled.  I love my story, Wolf's Castle. I can't wait to see it in print. I can't wait to see what type of cover they create. I can't wait for people to read it and enjoy it.

This story has been bandied about to agents and publishers. They've asked for edits and resubmits, but never did they go the final mile and send me a contract. Sometimes it was they alchemy, sometimes it was that historicals weren't selling, sometimes they just didn't like the story. No matter the reason, they didn't want it.

So, let me say it again! I'm so, so thrilled to be publishing with Soul Mate. The head editor is a smart woman who has taken a young company extremely far in one short year. Soul Mate's authors have broken Amazon's top 100 list which is a great accomplishment.The book covers are beautiful and I've read many of the stories and love them.

Keep in touch and I'll be sure to share more of my adventure!

That's it according to Maddy~

Tootles~
Madelyn




No comments

Thank you for commenting! Please consider following my blog.