Food for thought

"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." ~ Nora Roberts

Think about this quote. It is so, so true. As an educator I interact with students who allow their fear of rejection to stop them. Not only does this stop the emotional growth, but future potential. Just think of all of those people who had great ideas and didn't let their fears stop them. I immediately think of Eistein, Columbus, Davinci, Fleming, and Salk (and there are so many more). If they had stopped the first time they heard no, or didn't go after what they wanted, then were would human race be?

A comfortable place is not always the best place. As a writer, we are told to write what we know, but sometimes we have to step out of that comfort area. And a lot of times, we find a new level of brilliance.

So today, I'm not going to sit in my comfort zone. I will take a step forward and challenge my usual thoughts and actions.

How do you get what you want? How do you stop your fears from stopping you?

That's it according to Maddy~

Tootles~
Madelyn

No comments

Thank you for commenting! Please consider following my blog.