The Inspiration of Fall

I love fall. I love the scent of the cold, crisp air, wearing sweaters, camp fires. I love it all up until the snow falls. In western NY we get a lottttt of snow. Too much snow. Heaps and heaps of snow.

But I digress. I love fall and this fall I have sent out 3 short stories, received 2 rejections (but good ones--writers know there is a difference and one even had hand writing to keep sending). So all in all, not too bad.

I'm also continuing my new young adult romance and I'm really excited about it. The research, listening to young adults talk, and making sure each sentence zings. The pacing is a new element and I'm really learning.

My interest in young adult novels started while I completed my Master's Degree in English Education. A semester full of YA novels, creating lesson plans around such novels, and enjoying the classics. (Remind me to tell you about my time spent with Shakespeare). Dissecting a YA novel through the lens of an educator is one thing, but writing it so the teen lens likes it is another.

So, wish me luck and my latest read was "Read My Lips" by Teri Brown. Very nicely done with great characters and some really unique circumstances.

My latest adult read was Nora Robert's "Bed of Roses" part two of the Bride Quartet series. Lovely book and I'm speechless at all of the detail that is so naturally done. I can't wait for the next book in the series.

Feel free to share what you're reading!

That's it according to Maddy~

Tootles,
Madelyn

No comments

Thank you for commenting! Please consider following my blog.