First Person vs Third Person

What do you think about first person versus third person books? Do you feel strongly one way or the other? I find that I really like third person, write in third person, but then I think about my plots in first person.

One book that I feel does great with first person is Twilight. We really get the depth of Bella's character through first person use and I don't feel as if I'm missing out on Edward's point of view because the dialogue and action really captures his essence.

But mostly, I think traditionalist like third person, they like to be able to see the point of view of the hero, heroine, and sometimes the villain.

I'm starting a new story that I think will really work in first person, so I'll let you know how it goes.

That's it according to Maddy~

Tootles
Madelyn

No comments

Thank you for commenting! Please consider following my blog.