To Tweet or Not To Tweet

 
           
             
I’ve been on Twitter for quite a while, however I’ve just started embracing the social networking tool as a way to connection, share and learn.

            My goal for the rest of the year was to increase my followers in a big way. So, I did some
research and learned you have to tweet—a lot—to engage and increase followers. Also you do not want to constantly push your books, you need to share your interests and offer something of value to followers. And finally followers like images and quotes. I found some tools to help me achieve my goal.

Some of my rules of practice:
1.     Always thank followers with a Tweet including their Twitter Handle
2.     Favorite or ReTweet tweets from authors promoting their books, reviews, or sales
3.     Follow those who follow me
4.     Look at the Moments (new to Twitter) and retweet or reply to a tweet of Moments that interest me
5.     Interact with Trending tweets (left hand side of Twitter page) Many times there are author friendly trends such as #WritersWednesday #MondayMotivation etc
6.     Follow celebrities, but don’t expect them to follow you back or interact, however, this may happen! I’ve had some great interactions with celebrities and brand I love to use.

CoPromote is cross promotion source for engaging with others and having them re-tweet your boosted tweets. I use the free service and do not feel I need the paid service. I boost a tweet and others who have a shared interest re-tweet my tweet, thus increasing tweet impressions (number of followers who will see your tweet). I can gain more re-tweets by tweet others post. I get to select and determine what I will share.

RSS Feed is a way to have a direct feed from blogs. Real Simple Syndication (RSS) allows for me to have the feed automatically sent to an aggregation site. In this case Twitter via Twibble (see below). I use RSS feed for writing sites and cooking sites. The sites I like are Romance University, Helping Writers Become Authors, Positive Writer, Pioneer Woman, and Extra Virgin Cooking Blog. This way content is sent directly to my twitter feed and I do not have to search out the content I want to read. Also, I love cooking so the information is feed to my Twitter feed as well.

Twibble allows for me to copy an RSS feed and arrange the blog post to be automatically sent to my Twitter feed. I pick the day and times I want the post sent and the rest is history.  I use the free Twibble and haven’t found the need for the paid service.

I have been doing this for the last 2 weeks and here are the results:
1.     Tweets have increased by 81.8%
2.     Tweet Impressions increased by 215.1%
3.     Profile visits increased by 243.8%
4.     Mentions increased by 550%
5.     Followers increased by 344

 
I will continue to watch the stats of my efforts and will keep you posted. To follow me on twitter, my handle is @AuthorMaddyHill





No comments

Thank you for commenting! Please consider following my blog.