Interview with Author Dana D'Angelo - Fallen Knight Virtual Book Tour

Welcome Dana D'Angelo!



http://www.amazon.com/Fallen-Knight-Knights-Honor-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B00L6EZZ3G/
Click here for the Amazon Link

-->
Thanks for having me on your blog, Madelyn!

Ok, so to answers your questions. My name is Dana D’Angelo, and I’m from Canada. I’m married to my college sweetheart, and am a stay-at-home mom. I decided that I wanted to pursue a career in writing and so being at home provides the perfect opportunity to explore this path. Right now I’m having a great time telling my stories and delving into my imaginary medieval world.

In terms of my education, I have a BA in English Literature, History and Classics. My ultimate hobby, aside from reading, is trying and eating foods from different cultures.

Tell us your latest news?
Fallen Knight, book 3 of the Knights of Honor Trilogy is now finished. This story touches upon the themes of love, loss, and redemption.

When and why did you begin writing?
Since my teens, I’ve enjoyed reading romances. Many stories swept me away and some even allowed me to experience life in another era. I would’ve stayed a reader except that a part of me wanted to tell my own tales. When I finally committed to writing, I decided that the romance genre was where I belonged.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I first felt like a real writer when I completed the final draft of my first book.

 Do you have a specific writing style?
No, I don’t believe that I have a specific writing style.

 How did you come up with the title?
I already knew the premise of Fallen Knight so it was just a matter of brainstorming some titles and deciding on the one that I liked.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
No, no message. The story is just for entertainment.

 What books have most influenced your life most?
I can’t recall specific titles at the moment, but I’ve read numerous motivational books and will say that they have greatly influenced my state of mind.

 What book are you reading now?
I’m reading Diane Gabaldon’s Outlander series.

 What are your current project(s)?
I’m currently working on a new medieval series that follow the stories of seven siblings.

 Besides your family, who are your biggest supporters?
Those would definitely be my old and new friends.

 If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
No, I’m quite happy with how everything turned out with this book.

 Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
The only thing that I find challenging is the editing. That aspect takes way longer than the actual writing of the story.

 Who is your favorite author and why?
Definitely Stephen King. I admire his prose and how he tells his stories.

 Who designed the covers?
A family friend designed my covers.

 What do you find the hardest about writing?
Again, I would say it’s the editing that is the hardest part for me.

 Do you have any advice for other writers?
Every writer has his or her strengths and talents. Don’t compare yourself to others. Focus on the gifts that you have and improve on them.

 Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your fans? 
Just a big thank you for taking a chance on me and supporting my works. I appreciate and am grateful for each and every one of you.

 Do you remember the first book you read?
Oh yes, it was a book called “Freddy Goes to Florida” by Walter R. Brooks. It was my first chapter book and was about the adventures of a pig and his farm friends.

 What TV shows/films do you enjoy watching?
I don’t really have much time to watch t.v. so I’m not following any shows at the moment. In terms of films though, I’m a real sucker for romantic comedies.
 
Contact Dana!
Twitter: twitter.com/DanaD_author

Buy Links!

3 comments

  1. So very nice to meet you Dana. I look forward to reading your series. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Larynn! I hope you enjoy the series :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madelyn, thank you so much for having me on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please consider following my blog.