Importance of Pink October

There are few that do not know October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. A month important not only to women, but men as well.  My family has been affected by breast cancer--my grandmother, mother, cousins--all diagnosed with cancer.

If not for the level of awareness and increased in funds directed to breast cancer research, my mother wouldn't be with us today.  Six and a half years ago (with cancer those 1/2 years are important), my mother was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer.  She was given one month to live.  But with the current medication and burgeoning discoveries she is still with us and living an active life.

This past week she has been approved to receive the brand new FDA approved medicine that should work wonderfully for her.  Without awareness, funds, and the caring attention of those who advocate for women, this would not be possible.

In my family we are so aware of the importance of October.  But we do not limit our attention to just October, but all year.  My daughters host a Pink Ribbon day at their small school to raise awareness and money for Breast Cancer Collation of Rochester.  We participate in any pink ribbon walk in the area.  In Rochester there is the fall Making Strides Walk and the Mother's Day Pink Ribbon Run.  What better way to honor my mother than to walk for research on Mother's Day. 

So get out there! Be aware.  Do something--walk, run, raise money and wear PINK!

That's it according to Maddy~

Toodles~
Madelyn





No comments

Thank you for commenting! Please consider following my blog.