School Is On The Horizon

Whoooo Hooooo! Okay, I feel as if I'm being a bad mother, but heck school is almost here and I'm thinking of all of the writing I'm going to accomplish once they're out of the house for so many hours a day.

Enough of that. I'd like to tackle the subject of critiquing. I love to working in a group of authors who want to improve. Recently, I've helped a few friends before they've sent their work to agents/editors. I'm not published by an RWA rec-publisher, but I have a Master's in English. So, I'm somewhat qualified.

In essence, I think that critiquing makes us better writers. If we can find errors, inconsistencies, or plot problems in other manuscripts, then we should be able to recognize them in our own.

Mostly, I love reading what my friends are creating, applauding their creativity, and discussing what's on the horizon.

Of course there are horror stories in regards to bad critic groups. Fighting, egos, and those who don't play fairly all add to the madness. But in the end, if a group can't help you, then you shouldn't allow your writing to suffer and you need to get out.

That's it according to Maddy~

Tootles,
Madelyn

No comments

Thank you for commenting! Please consider following my blog.