Authors I love

As many writers are, I'm an avid reader. And since I arrived home from the RWA National conference with a suitcase full of books, I'd like to share some of my finds.

I totally enjoy anything Nora Roberts writes, who doesn't? She has a slick way of making the characters come to life on the pages and gives them a voice that is so strong. Angel Falls was a great read in which I was kept in suspense until the beginning. I enjoyed it so much that I had to finish it before I even pick up my Harry Potter new release.

I've just discovered a new author--Eve Silver. She writes fantastic Gothics for Kensington and they are truly suspenseful, visceral, and engaging. Her book, Dark Prince is in the POV of the heroine only and I found myself falling in love with the hero without even getting a taste of his POV. That is a great talent, to be sure.

And after reading a Gothic, I moved on to funnier pastures--Stephanie Plum! Lean Mean Thirteen is a hoot as Stephanie gets into more trouble than Ranger or Morelli can get her out of.

And, saving the best for last, my friend Misty Simon has written a comedy that is sure to make everyone laugh out loud (a true test of romantic comedy). Her books feature Ivy, a girl who finds trouble and solves cases with the style and grace of Lucille Ball. Check them out a www.mistysimon.com.

All of the reading has inspired me and I find that I'm craving time to write and spill my guts on paper.

That's it according to Maddy~

Tootles,
Madelyn

No comments

Thank you for commenting! Please consider following my blog.